DaveK
Sep 13, 09:38 PM
There are a lot of sound business reasons for Apple to release an iPhone. But the biggest reason is that Steve must have a cell phone and you know he probably hates the industrial design and functionality.
I think that they were supposed to announce this in one of the "one more things" on the 12th and something happened at the last minute. Two items lead me to this conclusion.
1. They never used a satellite link of the keynote to London(think Vodafone), which they mentioned before the keynote. Maybe it was just so London could watch. But then why not the folks at the Apple Expo in Paris.
2. Is it just me, or did the "pre-announcement" of a product that has an "internal" name of iTV, which may or may not be the products real name, strike anyone else as very un-Apple like.
I think that they were supposed to announce this in one of the "one more things" on the 12th and something happened at the last minute. Two items lead me to this conclusion.
1. They never used a satellite link of the keynote to London(think Vodafone), which they mentioned before the keynote. Maybe it was just so London could watch. But then why not the folks at the Apple Expo in Paris.
2. Is it just me, or did the "pre-announcement" of a product that has an "internal" name of iTV, which may or may not be the products real name, strike anyone else as very un-Apple like.
QCassidy352
Jul 14, 01:22 PM
To all you G5/PPC fanboys:
http://www.crazyass13.com/wp-content/theburgerking.jpg
You're impressed that a chip not even available yet beats a chip from june 2003?
http://www.crazyass13.com/wp-content/theburgerking.jpg
You're impressed that a chip not even available yet beats a chip from june 2003?
roadbloc
Mar 29, 11:40 AM
When Windows starts to come close to SL in terms of ease of use and functionality let me know ;)
You have clearly never used Windows 7.
Command Shift 4= snap selection
Command Shirt 3= full screen.
And neither have you.
Oh wait, you're the same person!
You have clearly never used Windows 7.
Command Shift 4= snap selection
Command Shirt 3= full screen.
And neither have you.
Oh wait, you're the same person!
hc8170
Oct 27, 10:33 AM
I have nothing against Greenpeace or the message that Greenpeace is trying to send about the environment. If Greenpeace's presence (or more specifically, Greenpeace volunteers' presence) at other public events is any representation, I am not surprised at their behavior.
http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/news/index.cfm?newsid=16291&pagtype=allchandate
Heck, every trade show I ever go to has girls with their tits half hanging out wondering the halls handing out leaflets nowhere near their particular stand.
Sad to see so many people now happy to have people's free speech stamped all over.
In response to the previous post above, perhaps Greenpeace should think about limiting its volunteers at public events to "really hot" girls dressed "appropriately", I am sure its message would be better received.
http://www.macworld.co.uk/mac/news/index.cfm?newsid=16291&pagtype=allchandate
Heck, every trade show I ever go to has girls with their tits half hanging out wondering the halls handing out leaflets nowhere near their particular stand.
Sad to see so many people now happy to have people's free speech stamped all over.
In response to the previous post above, perhaps Greenpeace should think about limiting its volunteers at public events to "really hot" girls dressed "appropriately", I am sure its message would be better received.
mediasorcerer
Apr 30, 06:12 PM
When the hell are they gonna re-implement spaces !!@$%#^&(&)(#
I need to be able to assign it to any corner I want !!!
What the Hell is wrong with them !!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
isnt spaces already available? i have it on my mbpro.each corner is assigned ,can u explain what u mean?im confused.its still in sys prefs.
yes,i hope they put a good gpu in,i bet they will actually,imagine 2 gig ddr5 memory,they have finally come of age,or caught up so to speak,the last 27" imac i had was good,but the gpu let it down a little bit,
exciting anyway,always is when they refresh isnt it,even if ur not buying one,its still exciting,oh no,now i need to save some cash up,lol.
I need to be able to assign it to any corner I want !!!
What the Hell is wrong with them !!!!!!! :mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad::mad:
isnt spaces already available? i have it on my mbpro.each corner is assigned ,can u explain what u mean?im confused.its still in sys prefs.
yes,i hope they put a good gpu in,i bet they will actually,imagine 2 gig ddr5 memory,they have finally come of age,or caught up so to speak,the last 27" imac i had was good,but the gpu let it down a little bit,
exciting anyway,always is when they refresh isnt it,even if ur not buying one,its still exciting,oh no,now i need to save some cash up,lol.
Bobthemonkey
Sep 14, 05:13 PM
1.Aperture 2.0
2.MacBook Pro w/ Intel Merom
with three being some form of extenal storage device
im thinking apple branded eSATA HDD enclosures and/or esternal blu-ray burners
that would fit with the photokina site listing if apple german is the same as apple
http://208.106.154.143/index_suche.cfm?CFID=329&CFTOKEN=81545451&search=erg&oldsearch=0&MesseID=0240&Sprache=3&Jahr=2006&view=photokina&useCSS=&austeller=2470898&U_searchstring=apple&U_formname=AusstellerSuche&U_maxdisplay=10
http://208.106.154.143/index_suche.cfm?CFID=329&CFTOKEN=81545451&search=erg&oldsearch=0&MesseID=0240&Sprache=3&Jahr=2006&view=photokina&useCSS=&austeller=2522244&U_searchstring=apple&U_formname=AusstellerSuche&U_maxdisplay=10
2.MacBook Pro w/ Intel Merom
with three being some form of extenal storage device
im thinking apple branded eSATA HDD enclosures and/or esternal blu-ray burners
that would fit with the photokina site listing if apple german is the same as apple
http://208.106.154.143/index_suche.cfm?CFID=329&CFTOKEN=81545451&search=erg&oldsearch=0&MesseID=0240&Sprache=3&Jahr=2006&view=photokina&useCSS=&austeller=2470898&U_searchstring=apple&U_formname=AusstellerSuche&U_maxdisplay=10
http://208.106.154.143/index_suche.cfm?CFID=329&CFTOKEN=81545451&search=erg&oldsearch=0&MesseID=0240&Sprache=3&Jahr=2006&view=photokina&useCSS=&austeller=2522244&U_searchstring=apple&U_formname=AusstellerSuche&U_maxdisplay=10

RMo
Apr 25, 01:08 PM
If taking cues from the MacBook Air means having a tapered front, then no thanks.
I have to say the current design is pretty good, and I'm not sure what else they could do--but I've always thought that in the past, and they've usually blown me away each time. So, I'm excited to see what they are planning.
I'm sort of on the fence about the optical drive. I don't use it every day, but it's definitely nice to have it built-in when I need it. I'm not a fan of having more cords and external devices on my laptop.
I have to say the current design is pretty good, and I'm not sure what else they could do--but I've always thought that in the past, and they've usually blown me away each time. So, I'm excited to see what they are planning.
I'm sort of on the fence about the optical drive. I don't use it every day, but it's definitely nice to have it built-in when I need it. I'm not a fan of having more cords and external devices on my laptop.
barneygumble
Jul 17, 07:43 PM
All i can say is that i will buy a Core 2 Duo iMac when they come out and my parents will be buying a Core 2 Duo tower if such a thing is introduced (not mac pro):)
iJohnHenry
Apr 11, 03:57 PM
Lottery and Gambling winnings are tax exempt. I wish the Canadians would annex Vegas.;) All my card counting skills is lining Uncle Sam's pockets.:mad: And if I get caught, the medical bills for fixing my thumbs won't come out of my pockets.;)
Bob, it that you?? :p
Bob, it that you?? :p
Multimedia
Sep 10, 06:12 PM
My Xeon utilization is only 50% per proc while compressing in Quicktime Pro. Even during an HD export (http://www.macpro.ws/P3.jpg) the fans don't get use.I am compressing EyeTV Broadcast HD recordings with Toast then Handbrake. On the G5 Quad they each use more than two cores occasionally and almost two cores all the time - well over 80% each all the time.
I can crush two files simultaneously to gain even more performance - like 150% faster that way.
I can crush two files simultaneously to gain even more performance - like 150% faster that way.
addicted44
Apr 25, 01:03 PM
Hilarious to all those people who jumped on the THUNDERBOLT bandwagon. No thunderbolt devices yet and they have the hideous old case design.
:rolleyes:
Hideous? Really?
I am guessing this is the kind of laptop you admire for its beautiful case design, right?
http://www.gearfuse.com/a-rugged-dell-laptop-john-connor-would-use/
:rolleyes:
Hideous? Really?
I am guessing this is the kind of laptop you admire for its beautiful case design, right?
http://www.gearfuse.com/a-rugged-dell-laptop-john-connor-would-use/

aswitcher
Sep 6, 03:51 PM
Ship times on the Airport Extreme have been pushed back 1-3 weeks. Anyone else notice?
No. iSights are also quit delayed.
No. iSights are also quit delayed.
ergle2
Sep 10, 01:34 AM
True, the Pentium M (Mobil Centrino) was a hudge sucess for Intel! The Pentium D (Desktop) was a dual-core disaster, pushing the old "NetBurst" Pentium 4 past all safe design limits.
Core 2 is the all new rework that saved Intel!
Core 2 isn't "all new". It's an evolutionary design based on Core tho some parts are borrowed from other Intel designs (the Memory Disambiguation tech was originally designed for the unreleased, unlamented Tejas, for example).
Other changes include a full 128-bit path to the SSE registers, meaning that all SSE instructions can now complete in a single cycle, L2 shared cache instead of separate L2's per CPU, an extra integer unit, etc.
And, of course, the 64bit extensions :)
Sure, there's enough in the way of changes/additions to render it worthy of being considered a new microarch, but those changes are evolutionary.
Ironically enough, there's a direct line from Core 2 going all the way back to P6, whereas NetBurst really was "all new"!
Core 2 is the all new rework that saved Intel!
Core 2 isn't "all new". It's an evolutionary design based on Core tho some parts are borrowed from other Intel designs (the Memory Disambiguation tech was originally designed for the unreleased, unlamented Tejas, for example).
Other changes include a full 128-bit path to the SSE registers, meaning that all SSE instructions can now complete in a single cycle, L2 shared cache instead of separate L2's per CPU, an extra integer unit, etc.
And, of course, the 64bit extensions :)
Sure, there's enough in the way of changes/additions to render it worthy of being considered a new microarch, but those changes are evolutionary.
Ironically enough, there's a direct line from Core 2 going all the way back to P6, whereas NetBurst really was "all new"!
Danner909
Apr 4, 12:37 PM
This Apple bites back . . .
Vegasman
Apr 19, 09:11 AM
This doesn't look like an iPhone 3GS? :confused:
http://www.parallelimported.co.nz/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/a/samsung_galaxy_tab_white_back.jpg
Mmmm... It looks like a Galaxy Tab. Look at the big logo in the middle. ;)
http://www.parallelimported.co.nz/media/catalog/product/cache/1/thumbnail/9df78eab33525d08d6e5fb8d27136e95/s/a/samsung_galaxy_tab_white_back.jpg
Mmmm... It looks like a Galaxy Tab. Look at the big logo in the middle. ;)
skellener
Mar 22, 07:52 PM
Still rockin' the 2008 24" Core2 Duo 3.06 Ghz iMac. Best Mac I've ever owned. Next Mac will be whatever the largest screen they make and fastest chip they have whenever this one dies. 100% sold on the iMac.
jp102235
Mar 29, 12:23 PM
Apple still doesn't have upload to a cloud or wireless syncing, and Windows Phone does. 25 GB free sky drive, as well as a beautiful hub where you choose what to access at a glance.
mobile me does this, and I suspect, it will become free soon (or at least parts of it).
mobile me does this, and I suspect, it will become free soon (or at least parts of it).
ValSalva
Apr 30, 01:47 PM
So previous iMac design lasted 4 years...it's been 3.
Isn't this iMac design from fall of 2009? That's less than two years.
Isn't this iMac design from fall of 2009? That's less than two years.
Koodauw
Sep 18, 12:43 AM
I'm sure I late getting into the argument, and that fanboyism depending on what network youre own will not change, but I really think GSM does have better voice quality than any other network.
Duujo
Aug 28, 06:03 PM
Quote:
"Originally Posted by X5-452
So, uh.... PowerBook G5's tomorrow?"
I think my new rule will be to automatically place anyone using that line on my ignore list.
It lost its funny a long time ago.:rolleyes:
Ha, it makes me laugh still, 'cause it annoys other people..! :p
"Originally Posted by X5-452
So, uh.... PowerBook G5's tomorrow?"
I think my new rule will be to automatically place anyone using that line on my ignore list.
It lost its funny a long time ago.:rolleyes:
Ha, it makes me laugh still, 'cause it annoys other people..! :p
Popeye206
Apr 22, 08:55 AM
I do not think that is the plan. I believe the service will allow you to download your songs as well. It just gives you the option to go to the cloud if / when needed.
Exactly how I see it. An easy way to get at your media from devices like an iPhone or iPad when you're away from your main computer... Stream it, or download and keep local.
Exactly how I see it. An easy way to get at your media from devices like an iPhone or iPad when you're away from your main computer... Stream it, or download and keep local.
tsugaru
Mar 22, 03:33 PM
One thing that will stink about the iMac update is that the GPU will most likely only get 8 PCIe lanes, as 4 of them will go to Thunderbolt. Sandy Bridge offers a max of 16 PCIe lanes. So Apple, maybe you feel like adding USB3 to the mix to use the last 4 lanes.
* yes I know the performance of a GPU doesn't drop THAT much going from x16 to x8, but still.
And toddy, a 6950 would be decent, but I don't see Apple offering it. I see the 6750 akin to the MacBook Pros going in (sadly.)
Even the 5750 in the 27" is around the same speed as the 4850. Apple just gimped the 4850 by using the GDDR3 version and only giving it 512MB /shakefist.
* yes I know the performance of a GPU doesn't drop THAT much going from x16 to x8, but still.
And toddy, a 6950 would be decent, but I don't see Apple offering it. I see the 6750 akin to the MacBook Pros going in (sadly.)
Even the 5750 in the 27" is around the same speed as the 4850. Apple just gimped the 4850 by using the GDDR3 version and only giving it 512MB /shakefist.
Diatribe
Sep 19, 03:27 PM
I'm not touching it until they offer 5.1 sound. I'm sure its just a matter of time, though.
I thought they did?:confused:
I thought they did?:confused:
Dmac77
Apr 25, 02:12 AM
fair enough, let me reword that: you just admitted that the person going 90mph, intentionally cuts off the other, and slams breaks in this hypothetical scenario is the one thats doing the wrong. give me a break.
EDIT: I'm not saying any of this is usable in court (even though i would), Im just saying that throughout this entire thread, your telling everyone how right you are, yet in the post i quoted, you admitted that your actions are wrong.
I never said my actions were morally right. I'll admit that my actions are probably very immoral, and ethically wrong. The simple fact is I don't care about how people view my morality or ethics. Why should I care what people think of me. I never said it bothers me that you guys are not agreeing with me, all I said is that I find it laughable.
EDIT: @uscfgrad93 - No I won't ruin them, unless my 4.2 GPA, 36 ACT score, 2400 SAT score, and nearly 2500 hours of volunteer work over the past two years count as ruining them. Oh also add in both of my parents' alumni status with Harvard, and there donations every year;)
-Don
EDIT: I'm not saying any of this is usable in court (even though i would), Im just saying that throughout this entire thread, your telling everyone how right you are, yet in the post i quoted, you admitted that your actions are wrong.
I never said my actions were morally right. I'll admit that my actions are probably very immoral, and ethically wrong. The simple fact is I don't care about how people view my morality or ethics. Why should I care what people think of me. I never said it bothers me that you guys are not agreeing with me, all I said is that I find it laughable.
EDIT: @uscfgrad93 - No I won't ruin them, unless my 4.2 GPA, 36 ACT score, 2400 SAT score, and nearly 2500 hours of volunteer work over the past two years count as ruining them. Oh also add in both of my parents' alumni status with Harvard, and there donations every year;)
-Don
No comments:
Post a Comment